31.1.12

1984

I can remember the days when I would not leave my room without my phone surgically attached to my hand or go a single hour without checking facebook around a dozen times.
However as of late I've been completely detaching myself away from these 'social technologies'. I'm finding such a freedom in being able to walk around in the 'real world' without the constant buzzing in my pocket or the compulsory need of having to check what a random person I met 2 years ago in a some forgotten bar is making dinner for their dog that night.
How funny it is that in modern western society this can been deemed as weird and even anti-social.
Or that its even a thing.
But what is more anti-social than going out and being surrounded by your friends tapping away on their Blackberrys while ignoring the whole point of going out with them in the first place? Imagine that, a world where people talked face to face to each other.
Crazy.


Oh and everything he just said too.

It is also a delightful feeling to know that this idea of our right to 'privacy' in our society is sliding down a very slippery slope and Facebook is certainly more then willing to keep pushing us down it. The CIA etc monitiring us on facebook? Of course not.
People getting arrested over a twitter update? Don't be ridiculous.

This is just plain hilarious.

And yes I know, I'm being a bit of cynic who has nonexistent nostalgic memories of the good ol' days where our lives weren't ruled my technology, and yes I know these social mediums allow us to stay in contact with those who we previously wouldn't wouldn't of had the chance to, and yes I know that it has countless other great attributes... but where is the boundary line?
Does it even exist anymore?
Has it ever?

NAHH FUCK IT I JUST WANNA BE A HIPPY AND GO TO WOODSTOCK AND LIVE IN THE 80S AND BE A PUNK AND NOT CARE ABOUT STUPID MEANINGLESS SHIT.


Ermm looking back on what I've just wrote I realise this was initially meant to be just a short explanation of why I'm not posting pictures on facebook anymore but it sort of evolved into something a little different... Fuck it. FIGHT THE POWERR! ANARCHYY!

(actually that last argument was completely irrelevant to my point because its not like the CIA are not capable of logging into blogpost. Clever Gabi. Oh and I still use Facebook occasionally so yes I'm a hypocrite. But still. Shut up.)


mowwwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment